Laidback Solutions focus is to develop software applications that increases the efficiency and improves the workflow in the publishing industry.
Laidback Solutions AB was founded in January 2002 and has since then focused solely on software solutions for the graphical business. They deliver solutions to newspapers, publishing houses, ad agencies and print houses to make their workflows faster, safer and less frustrating.
Laidback Solutions aim to make time for creativity by increasing the efficiency and integration in the daily work, providing standard applications and customized solutions, all to make it easier for our customers to focus on their main business.
All software from LaidBack Solutions supports both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Today, Cargo is the leading system for handling adverts in Sweden. There are over 500 titles (newspapers and magazines) getting their advertising files using Cargo every day and we have some of the biggest print houses as our customers.
There are several reasons for this but one of the main reasons is that the efficiency of the Cargo system creates a really fast Return on Investment. Cargo is modular and flexible which is proven by having both small customers with relatively small number of adverts to the biggest in Scandinavia, both gaining from using Cargo.
We have been able to create a more effective handling of adverts at all our customers. Sometimes there are really big numbers, sometimes a bit smaller, but all has our customers have gained efficiency. For most of our customers, the ROI is months and the cost saving is valid year after year.
All in one
Cargo handles all adverts, print and digital. This means you can have ONE SYSTEM for all handling of advertising files. This is important because that means you can have one organization handling all the advertising files which is a huge saving compared to having two organizations with two different systems.
Your world is changing, Cargo can adapt to your changes. You can configure all the features of the system yourself, nothing is hard coded, nothing is hidden. This gives you the option to tailor make Cargo for your special needs. Integrate with your systems, integrate with your applications. That is flexibility to us.
When the sales person has entered the order, Cargo and the advertiser will do most of the work. The tight integration with the business system makes an automatic workflow possible even though most customers prefer some manual checks on the way.
Get the full picture
Getting the full picture is invaluable. Cargo Dispatch, the client software, is configurable so you may choose what you like to see and what you need to be able to do. That includes information from the business system, preflight information, information about the sender etc. The Actions are 100% configurable so you can setup exactly what you need to do and it is only one mouse click or a keyboard shortcut away.
Work wherever you are
- Cargo is based on web technology. This means you can log in to Cargo wherever you are.
All in one place
- All assets are in one place, collected at your convenience. You will find history on all transfers and all usage of your assets, you´ll never lose track of anything.
- Cargo comes with ready-made integrations with Pitstop Server, pdf Toolbox and OneVision Asura for print adverts.
- Having the advertiser, when uploading, performing the preflight themselves makes them aware of errors that might be in the advert. Given time, this raises the quality of the adverts and you will get less errors in your adverts.
- Cargo can be integrated with more or less any kind of business system. Today we are running integrations with Lineup (Adpoint), Naviga (Adbase), Atex (CrossAdvertising), Atex (Atex Enterprise), Anygraaf (AProfit), Oracle (NetSuite), PositionEtt (P1 Annons), SAP and more.
Use automatic reminders any way you like.
- Separate reminders for different products. Schedule any way you like.
- Do the copy chasing automatic or semi-automatic using Cargo Dispatch.
There are several options to handle repetetive adverts in an efficient way.
Cargo is compatible with Dropbox for business
- The module for print production is integrated with all the other features. Orders, sizes, deadlines, manuscripts, proofing – everything is direct accessible from within InDesign.
- Proofing is one click away for the producer.
- Annotate and approve, comment and communicate. The advertiser is online in a web browser, the producer is in InDesign, still there’s instant communication between them.
Integrate the sales department
Saleswatch is a module to give the sales people the information they can benefit from when it comes to sales. Using Saleswatch you can:
- See the status of any booked order and where the file currently is in the workflow
- Forget about all the questions from the sales dept asking ”is this done”, they see it themselves
- Access the advertising archive from Saleswatch.
- Pickup adverts from the archive, e-mail it to the advertiser to make sure you are using the right advert when an advertiser wants to repeat an already published advert.
- Use the advert archive when meeting up with customers to discuss formats etc.
- Since it is the sales dept that get the customer calls, this type of information will help serving the customers in a better way.
Customer Portal Saleswatch
- Some companies advertise a lot. Have your largest customers logging in themselves to upload and handle their adverts.
FileTrain got the features needed when it comes to automation of workflows. We call this Digital Logistics. To give you an idea of the range of what FileTrain is used for:
- Sending thousands of images to publishers all over the world, every day.
- Handle scanned invoices in accountancy systems
- Integrate with systems based on Oracle, FileMaker, MS SQL and MySQL.
- Police authorities are using FileTrain to automatically handle images shot at accidents and crime scenes, based on metadata.
- Recieve large numbers of files via FTP, sort and filter and put in DAM-system with the information to the files included as metadata.
The logic in FileTrain
You need to know WHERE you want to get your files, WHICH files to pick and WHAT you want FileTrain to do with them. That´s it.
When you setup your workflow you can use folders, folder structures, e-mail or FTP to get your files. You may also use timers and an advanced schedule handling to activate your workflow.
Then you choose your filter to pick the files you want. This is done with the built-in filtering supporting anything from file names (or part of file names) to metadata in files, weight of files or times, to conditional actions based on values from other systems. Or, just get all the files, it´s up to you.
Now you have the files you are looking for. What´s left is to tell FileTrain what you want to do with the files. Send them via e-mail or FTP? Save them in a folder structure? Update a database with some kind of information? Or combine it all in one single setup.
FileTrain as an integration server
To useFileTrain as an integrations server is very handy. You have features like REST API, database calls for any SQL-database and CLI-commands. Use them to integrate with nearly any kind of system and get the ability to create workflows on top of that.