Agile Data Management
Media companies, agencies and marketers generate tons of data, and their IT departments are hard-pressed to keep up. These businesses simply can’t do without instant access to a rapidly growing mountain of content and speedy recovery in the event of failure. And that makes agile, responsive data management a mission-critical task.
Your data – up in the cloud or here on the ground.
Companies that opt for vjoon K4 and vjoon Storage Engine are free to run their publishing workflows and maintain all data on their in-house IT infrastructure. They may also use Amazon’s highly scalable, cloud-based object storage S3 for vjoon Storage Engine. Or they can port the whole package, vjoon K4 and vjoon Storage Engine, to the cloud. This freedom of choice puts media companies, agencies and marketers back in the driver’s seat when it comes to their IT strategies.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) provides you with secure, durable, highly-scalable cloud storage to store and retrieve any amount of data.
- Shrinks the database’s volume to a fraction of the original size
- Database contains only the publication data structure, including metadata
- Small footprint enables fast backup and recovery
Snapshots and Fast Recovery
- Create automated snapshots of your assets on a regular basis
- No need to stop working while snapshot is being created
- Create snapshots at a click of a button or schedule an automated task
- Minimize downtimes through fast recovery
- Efficient risk management for publications
- Convenient admin client for effortless management
Ready for the Cloud
- Runs entirely in the cloud
- Mixed operation on-premises / cloud is possible
- Interfaced with the high-performance Amazon S3 cloud service
- Free choice of regionally available AWS data centers
- Slashes CAPEX and OPEX
This is how vjoon Storage Engine works:
Storing and creating snapshots:
Publication data structure including metadata is stored in a lean SQL database.
Layout, text, image, and video files are stored in the Storage Area. At the same time copies of these assets are saved in the Snapshot Area on a regular basis.
For a snapshot a copy of the SQL database is created and saved together with references of assets. A snapshot can be created manually or automated and time-controlled. The entire process is running in the background and the production is not interrupted.
At first the lean SQL database including the publication data structure will be restored.
After this all users are able to start working again immediately. Until the files are fully restored to the Storage Area, users work with files from the Snapshot Area.